NuffnangX

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Say hello to my 'Transformer' shoe!

Well, I have a good feeling that my leg is recovering really fast. The pain and swollen part starting to reduce, but I have no idea why my skin is peeling off like nobody business. It creates a huge trouble for me when I take shower everyday. The skin keep peeling off when it touches water. I tried to remove it by rubbing against my skin, and it ended up the skin peels off, like non-stop progress. Looks disgusting! :(

Anyway, I got myself a one-sided 'Transformer' shoe in order to speed up my recovery progress. I called it a 'Transformer' shoe because it's huge and bulky. Imagine I have to wear it everyday TO SLEEP! How uncomfortable it is eh? But the good news is, I can remove it anytime I want. Means I can scratch and wash my leg everyday! Hee heeeee! :)

This is it, my Transformer shoe! LOL!
The real name is called some SP Walker or Aircast. I've no idea.

The pump comes together with the shoe.

When I wear the shoe, I need to pump in the air so that my leg wouldn't move around inside the shoe. It's some theory of pressure. And after wearing it, I need to remove the air before I take off the shoe. Kinda complicated right?

I have to wear this 'Transformer' shoe for a minimum of 3 months I guess. Which means I need to wear this huge thingy to my uni when my 3rd semester starts later. I'm trying to learn walking with just using one side of crutches, but my leg hurts badly when I exert my body weight on my injured leg. I'm waiting for my 3rd appointment next week so I can ask the physiotherapist to teach me how to walk using one side of crutches. I don't feel like using wheelchair in my uni because it definitely will create troubles for my friends and attract attention. Sigh. PLEASE RECOVER FAST FAST! I can't stand staying at home doing nothing!!! Mamamia! :(



One thing that I learn during my semi-OKU life :
Nobody will care for your appearance (like how you look or how you wear) when you go out using crutches or wheelchair. Their focus will always on your injured parts. 



14 comments:

  1. hey hope your leg recuperate soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. my old manager had one of those. He had to ride a little scooter around the store.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. had to ride scooter with that bulky shoe somemore? must be suffering! :(

      Delete
  3. Oh gosh, what happened? For three months? This is way more serious than my dislocated toe! Wish you a speedy recovery =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I fell down from stairs the 2 months ago, literally rolled down from there. Mine is not dislocated, mine is broken. 3 broken bones. thats why need a long time to recover. thanks for ur concern tony! :)

      Delete
  4. Wow! Transformer shoe? haha!! Wishing you a quick recovery! : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha! a way to PRAISE my bulky shoe! LOL LOL! thanks! :)

      Delete
  5. wow! that thing looks like transformer! haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my..must be heavy right when you walk with it? But hopefully it'll speed your recovery. Get better, and you don't need it anymore! You drop down from stairs?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah, kinda heavy. feels like dragging my feet when i walk along. yeahh, fell down from the stairs. =X

      Delete